Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Last issue of the Kip-Kipp Newsletter Volume 5, Issue 2, 2026

I tried to send an email but need to try again later as I got a null error message. 

I did publish Volume 5, Issue 1, 2026 and it is on the website but realize that I neglected to mention that in this blog. 


  The Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter

Table of Contents

1.     1.  The Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter

2.      2, Chilliwack Archives, British Columbia, Canada

 

1.     1,  The Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter
This will be the last issue of the Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter that I will publish as I am going to turn over the set of Newsletters to the Chilliwack Archives and remove them from the Kipp yDNA website at FT DNA. As always my getting things done does take me time but I suspect I will have them down by early December.


2.    2,   Chilliwack Archives, British Columbia, Canada|
During the course of creating the first published book on the Kipp Family of Princeton, Ontario, Canada, Edward acquired a number of original photographs and information on the Kipp family that went to British Columbia in the 1800s. He maintained this information in a box that he labelled BC Kipp Family. After a great deal of thought I wrote to the Chilliwack Archives to see if they would like to have this material in their Archives. They welcomed it noting that a number of people have come looking for information on the Kipp family that lived at Chilliwack, British Columbia.

I then forwarded three boxes/parcels to the Chilliwack Archives for which they are now creating a Fonds of Edward’s work which will be available to researchers who come to/contact the Chilliwack Archives.

I still have a number of other items that Edward created during his sixty years of research on his Kipp family including his Research Notebooks and other items that I will review and then I am thinking of asking the Ottawa Branch if they would like to create a Fonds for these books. They pertain more generally to all of his research although at the beginning his interest was primarily the Kipp Family. But we donated his library to the Ottawa Branch and it might seem more suitable to place the Research books there for future researchers looking at the ancestors of Edward Kipp.

I will also consider scanning them but I already have this Banker Box of items to scan and we will see if that actually happens. Edward scanned a great deal of his work but he did not scan his Research books although I will continue to check through his computer to see if indeed he did do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment