Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Another picture of Edward discovered

 I am doing an inventory of the Archival Boxes which Edward created (I want to check with LAC both here in Ottawa and with the Archival Library for the Province of British Columbia to see if either  of them want all of this material - the Kipp family were early settlers (1800) in Oxford/Burford Counties in Ontario and in British Columbia (Chilliwack). He did publish a history of this family (copy at LAC) and the original images of this family are still in these archival boxes. I found a lovely picture of him as a young child in this first Archival Box I have been working on which I have scanned as it seemed to be missed from the large group of pictures that I scanned for him in 2019 and 2020 (he had not scanned his own pictures at that point). He would be about 2 and one half years old in this picture and I think he is living at the home where he grew up after his father passed away (about three months earlier) but it could also be one of the buildings around the farm. 


Making an inventory of the archival boxes has proven to be an enormous task as this first box took me two hours and I am about to break for lunch. I have all the vacuuming done but still need to dust and scrub, and vacuum down the stairs. I believe I will work on these archival boxes every Monday as it is hard work since I am not that familiar with the pictures in his ancestral line but fortunately he has put pictures into the Legacy family file which has been excellent. I need to check to make sure that all of them have been scanned but for the most part I suspect that will be the case as he spent a lot of time scanning his work. 

As I settle into my task of publishing Edward's research, I hope to have more articles on his blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment